To register as an affiliate you must have an active listing on CryptoStar.Money, that you own, and have used for 31+ days (this requirement may be waived at our discretion).
We review and moderate all affiliate registrations, and we appreciate your accurate and honest information. Please note that the review process may take a few days – we know you are eager to join our team of affiliates, and we appreciate your patience!
If you’re approved, awesome! You’ll be given a unique referral ID that you can use to promote CryptoStar via referral links. Check out your private Affiliate Area for visits and referrals information, creatives, graphs and more!
Commissions and payouts
We pay out affiliate commissions in GBP using PayPal in the first week of every month. We only pay commissions that are older than 30 days. The minimum payout balance is £50.00, so you receive a decent chunk of cash when payouts come around. And there’s no maximum payout balance, so go nuts!
In order to receive a payout for your referrals, you must register your bank account or debit card with our payouts service.
We do not allow referrals to be generated on your own purchases. We do not offer recurring referrals.
Here are the details of our program in summary:
- To register as an affiliate you must have an active CryptoStar listing that you own in one of these CryptoStar categories,
- Trade Association or Alliance
- Event and Conference Organiser
- Crypto Meetups and Clubs
- or another suitable category
- You must have held that listing for 31+ days (we may waive this requirement at our discretion)
- You will receive 20% recurrent commission for 36 months for every new sale you refer
- You will receive 20% recurrent commission on upgrades of CryptoStar plans by customers you have introduced for 36 months from the date of introduction.
- Minimum payout balance of £50, and no maximum payout (we pay in GBP)
- Commissions older than 30 days will be paid within the first week of each month
- Referrals are paid out to your PayPal account.
- Referrals cannot be generated on your own purchases (this includes using a different email address).
Referral cookie lifetime
When a potential customer clicks on your referral link, a cookie is stored in their browser to track your referral. The cookie is then stored for a generous 30 days to give your referred customers time to decide if they wish to purchase a CryptoStar plan, or ask us any pre-sale questions they may have.
A referral won’t be awarded if:
- The customer uses a different browser to purchase than the one they originally used to visit our site (because the cookie does not exist in that browser)
- The customer purchases after 30 days (because the cookie will expire).
Direct Link Tracking
We use AffiliateWPs Direct Link Tracking pro add-on, so you can skip the referral link (e.g. ?ref=123 or /ref/123) when you link to our site from your https:// website. You can submit a direct link to your own website in the Settings tab of your Affiliate Area. We’ll review your direct link submission, and when it’s approved you’ll no longer need to use a referral link when linking to CryptoStar.Money directly from your site! Awesome!
Note: Direct Link Tracking is only available if your site has an SSL certificate, and therefore the https:// protocol. We will only approve websites that are 100% owned by you.
Referrals older than 30 days and in good standing (i.e. the purchase has not been refunded) will be included with each commission payout (if the commission balance totals £50 or over). If a purchase is refunded, a commission won’t be paid out for that referral.
We reserve the right to reject affiliate commissions for any reason. Commission rejections may occur for the following reasons:
- The sale that the referral was based on was refunded
- The method by which the referral was generated was in violation of our promotional policies (see below) or violated the spirit of the Affiliate Agreement.
Tax and Regulatory Compliance
Affiliates are responsible for their own tax compliance. We will comply with the law of the United Kingdom.
Risk to Payouts
Payouts to affiliates may be adversely affected by tax and regulatory changes that affect our income or our ability to make payments. These could result in you receiving less than you expected. If these cannot be managed by our affiliate system and membership systems (currently AffliateWP and MemberPress) then we may make manual changes to payouts.
Other risks include without limitation: ceasing to trade under the CryptoStar brand, cyber-attack, major systems failure or if your account or your referrals are flagged for fraud or irregularities by ourselves, our payment processors, or taxation authorities or regulators
In all cases our decision on payouts is final and is not subject to legal challenge or arbitration.
Affiliate news and updates
By becoming an affiliate you agree to receive emails from CryptoStar. These emails will be sent to affiliates only, on an ad-hoc basis, and may include important information regarding the CryptoStar affiliate program. These emails will also provide you with relevant news and updates to help you effectively promote CryptoStar. As an affiliate you may be privy to embargoed or time-sensitive information in these emails (this information may only be promoted after an embargo is lifted). And we won’t spam you, ever – promise!
Affiliate application rejection
We reserve the right to reject affiliate applications for any reason. We also reserve the right to choose whether we provide an explanation or reasoning for affiliate application rejection. Below are just a few reasons why an application may be rejected (this is not an exhaustive list):
- Affiliate applications for websites that sell, advertise or engage in pornography, phishing scams, spamming, illegal business practices, or that include any material infringing on National or International Copyright will be rejected.
- Affiliate applications for websites that we do not believe are aligned with our industry or business may be rejected.
- If you apply to become an affiliate and you have not purchased an plan, your application may be rejected.
- If you apply to become an affiliate and it has been less than 30 days since you purchased plan, your application may be rejected.
- Websites considered inappropriate by us will be rejected.
The following types of sites are not permitted to become an affiliate: adult sites, sites that display adult material or banners, sites that promote or engage in illegal activity, sites that are a poor match for a our target market. Affiliate applications for inappropriate websites will be rejected, and we reserve the right to choose whether or not to provide a rejection reason.
Questions regarding your application
When you apply to become an affiliate we may email you at the email address you have supplied with some questions regarding your application. This may be because:
- We didn’t understand something in your application, or,
- We’d like to learn a bit more about how you will promote us and need a little more detail.
If we reach out to you and we haven’t heard back within 7 days, your application may be rejected. If your initial application is rejected, you are welcome to reapply to become an affiliate and provide us with more detail for reconsideration.
Dormant affiliate accounts
Please don’t leave us! We encourage all of our affiliates to actively promote us to keep earning referrals. If we can help you come up with ideas on how to promote us, please let us know – we’re here for you! An affiliate account is considered dormant if no visits have been generated after a 6-month period. A dormant affiliate account will be temporarily deactivated if no visits have been generated after 6 months. But we don’t even want to go there right now, right?! Let’s work together to help you start earning some cash!
CryptoStar Affiliate Program Policies
Allowed and super cool promotional methods
How you promote CryptoStar is reflected in the commission you earn! We encourage the use of promotional methods that add value to us and bring us legitimate, loyal customers. We love it when our team of affiliates blog about crypto and mention CryptoStar.
Here are a few examples of awesome promotional methods to earn more commission:
- Tell clients, customers or friends about CryptoStar, and give them your affiliate referral link
- Write a review or a blog post about CryptoStar and link to our site with your referral link
- Reach out to a broad audience with your social network accounts. Tweet about us on Twitter with your affiliate referral link, post about us on Facebook with your affiliate link, or communicate to your Linkedin followers about crypto and blockchain with your affiliate link. Spam-free promotion is a great way to get more referrals!
- Provide value to others by answering related questions on other sites with helpful responses, and using your referral link in your replies.
Prohibited and super uncool promotional methods
We love and back our product 100%, and we are very careful with how it’s promoted, so we want affiliates who are 100% behind us too! The prohibited promotional methods listed below aren’t meant to scare you off – they’re here to protect you, and us, and our customers from any freaky or fraudulent activity, which is something we take pretty seriously. We know you’ll understand. But here they are in writing just in case you’re not totally sure what is and what isn’t allowed.
- CryptoStar may not be promoted on coupon sites
Customers who are searching for a coupon are already in the market for CryptoStar, so this method adds no value to CryptoStar.
- Paid advertising using your affiliate link is prohibited
Buying ads through services like Google AdWords, social ads, or retargeting ads and using our brand keywords and your affiliate link will result in affiliate account deactivation.
- Any type of spam is prohibited
Links, ads, emails, comments… any type of spam. Please respect the posting rules of any 3rd-party websites you use to promote CryptoStar. P.S. This is not an exhaustive list of spam methods; if we decide that your activity is spam, it’s spam.
- Any illegal activity or activity deemed offensive by us is prohibited
This may result in referrals being rejected and/or your affiliate account being deactivated. See above for allowed and super cool promotional methods!
- We’re flattered, but please don’t pretend to be professionally associated with CryptoStar
Affiliates aren’t employees of CryptoStar or Doctor-IT Limited and have no employee rights.
- Pretending to actually be CryptoStar is prohibited
Cloning our site, copying our site, using our copyrighted site assets, and pretending that a site created by you is an official CryptoStar site is unethical and prohibited (this includes using services that automatically clone websites, or place them into iframes).
- Again, false promotion to customers that you are endorsed or operated by CryptoStar is prohibited (and super uncool).
If you’re unsure or concerned that some activity you’re about to proceed with may be considered prohibited, please ask us. <
Consequences of not-cool promotional methods
If your promotional methods step outside of these terms, your referrals may be rejected and we may disable your affiliate account. We reserve the right to do this and may or may not notify you in the instance that this occurs. Please use allowed promotional methods, and help us to help you succeed as an affiliate!
The following types of sites are not permitted to become an affiliate: adult sites, sites that display adult material or banners, sites that promote violence, hatred or bigotry, sites that promote or engage in illegal activity, including (but not limited to), hacking, cracking, nulled, and warez sites. Affiliate applications for inappropriate websites will be rejected, and we reserve the right to choose whether or not to provide a rejection reason.
The important stuff
By accepting these terms and conditions you are providing your nonlegal agreement to abide by them. By registering and being approved as an affiliate in our affiliate program you agree that your commissions are subject to approval before they are accepted and subsequently paid.
The affiliate relationship does not represent a professional or formal agreement, and as an affiliate you are not an employee of CryptoStar (a trading name of Doctor-IT Limited). You agree that this is not a legally binding relationship and as a result may not take legal action against Doctor-IT Limited. These affiliate terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
Phew! Sound good? Great! Thanks for taking the time to read through these T’s and C’s and for agreeing to them. We can’t wait to have you on board!
These conditions are modelled on those of AffiliateWP who provide the software we use to manage our affiliate program.